Monday, July 16, 2007

Mental Intent

Hello world! I set up this blog today to share with you my journey towards healing my spine naturally.

I had been suffering from upper back pain for the past 10 years, since I was in my late 20's. The pain eventually radiated to my neck and arms and, before and during my periods, to the entire right side of the body. Last year, an ortho-surgeon diagnosed me with cervical spondylotic radiculopathy secondary to herniated nucleus pulposus with foramenal stenosis. He advised disc replacement of four cervical dics, C4-C7, under intraop spinal monitoring. The replacements may be from bones grafted from my hips or -- the more expensive option -- artificial disc plates.

Not a cell in my body likes the idea of surgery. Several years earlier, when the pain and heaviness started getting worse, I began on my search for natural cure. Some methods helped, while some aggravated my condition.

In my subsequent posts I will be mentioning in passing the things I tried, e.g.,
  • ayurvedic medicine
  • liver flush
  • raw diet
  • cranio-sacral therapy
  • tetada kalimasada
but I will be focusing on what I do in the present. It is my desire that you get inspired by some of the things you encounter in my blog, and you avoid the pitfalls that made me stumble.

I intend to maintain this blog until the day I get well completely. As to when that may be, I don't know. Maybe you can help hasten my healing by giving me your blessings thru sharing with me your insights.

No comments:

Google